Need to talk with folks in Cyprus while on holiday trip? Or maybe want to know the basic everyday key phrases in Greek.
Whatever your motives are we have listed info on Greek along with some simple Greek phrases below. Choose the links on this web page to find out about Greek language.
Languages Spoken in Cyprus
The people of Cyprus speak Greek and Turkish. The main national and official language of Cyprus is Greek. Greek is a Indo-European language and placed 52nd based upon number of native speakers of 15 million.
We have released a selection of common Greek tourist language keyword phrases or words, which a visitor is able to use to manage in Cyprus. We strongly suggest you learn them from Greek travel phrases web site.
Advice For Learning Greek Language
- Conversation and more conversation in Greek - The secret to learn Greek is hours and hours of conversation with people who speaks Greek far better than you. An hour of talking (with corrections and Greek dictionary for reference) is as good as five hours in a Greek classroom and 10 hours with a Greek language course all by yourself.
- Studying Greek language for three or four hours each day for two weeks is a lot more useful for mastering Greek than studying one hour each day for three months. It is no wonder a large number of Greek students who take language lessons in school and hardly ever remember it over the years. The secret to learn the Greek is intensity of of study.
- Start with the 100 most common Greek words and then try to make sentences with them. Master adequate Greek grammar to be able to accomplish this and do it until you feel relatively at ease with all of them.
- Keep practising these sentence in your head. Another benefit from for your dictionary is you can practice these sentences in Greek whilst going about your day and never speaking to any one.
- Take a pocket Greek dictionary or an English-Greek dictionary app on your smartphone.
- Figure out the Greek pronunciation patterns.
- Use Greek audio and online courses for the first 100 words and basic grammar in Greek language.
- After the first 100 words in Greek, give attention to starting to be conversational. Research has shown that the most commonly used 100 words in Greek language account for 50% of most spoken communication. The most common 1,000 words and phrases account for 80% of all spoken communication.
- “How do you say X?” in Greek is a vital sentence you can possibly learn. Study it early and use it often.
What do I need to study Greek language?
- Greek language courses are available as conventional language courses, audio courses and online courses. The traditional Greek courses are comprised of dialogue textbooks, explanation of Greek grammer and exercises. Typically they are offered either in CDs or MP3s.
These types of courses are created for complete beginners or people who have only minimal understanding of the Greek language.
One of the main service providers these Greek language courses is Linguaphone who also provide courses for in excess of 100 languages and consist of all audio courses, explorer courses for people who would like to learn the fundamentals, and in-depth courses for more serious students.
The other company of language courses is Teach Yourself and Colloquial courses and they provide a great deal of languages.
- Greek Audio Courses is normally made of CDs or MP3s with modest printed material. All dialogues, exercises, instructions and explanations of %%are recorded and the focus of these courses is teaching you to learn and speak the language.
- Pimsleur language courses provides you with genuine pronunciation in Greek and a achievable amount of vocabulary.
- Computer Based Language Learning can be found on CD-ROMs and DVDs. Each of these courses normally contain dialogues, audio, exercises and tests in Greek.
Teach Me! and Transparent Language give you a wide variety of language courses on CDs and MP3s with vocabularly and grammar exercises.
If you need to find more info about travelling to Cyprus from Dublin, Ireland, please be sure to choose the appropriate links here:
Please feel free to express your encounters with the Cypriot Embassy in Dublin, Ireland. Whether you are applying for a visa for going to Cyprus or notarizing paperwork or merely just attempting to talk to an individual at the Cypriot embassy in Dublin. Tell us by simply submitting it here.
Please Be aware: Your comments are going to be viewed by the public, due to this fact do not include confidential details.